This week we released version 9.0 of the Katabat platform. This significant software update includes enhanced security features, additional payment platform integrations, and improved client communication capabilities. We released over 160 enhancements in response to the current security climate, client feedback and requests.
The 9.0 platform will help clients address increasing consumer demand for online, mobile payment options. In fact, a recent report from TransUnion found that one in five collection firms are offering mobile payment options including Paypal, Venmo, and Zelle. That same report found that while only 16% are using SMS/text message today, another 53% are planning to add it in the next two years. These stats mirror the feedback we’ve been getting from clients.
With that in mind, the 9.0 release includes these new and updated features:
- Ease of Communication: Enhanced Twilio click-to-call capabilities for improved overall cloud communications performance and TCPA compliance.
- Enhanced Online Payment Integration: Integrations to BillingTree and REPAY payment processing platforms meet market demand.
- Email Integration: New Amazon SES email integration allows for more coordinated communications.
- Security Enhancements: Multiple updates ensure the platform will to continue to exceed PCI and SOC2 requirements. 9.0 adds in CVV on debit/credit card payments and call recording encryption to better support current consumer payment preferences.
- Consent Standards: Easing the collection of express consent across multiple mobile numbers.
- Better Measurement: Increased ease of capturing email campaign results to evaluate the success of tactics and campaigns.
Katabat’s full suite of debt management solutions help lenders, financial institutions and debt collectors streamline communications and optimize engagement throughout the entire debt collection lifecycle. Version 9.0, deployed on both the cloud-based AWS platform in addition to our classic Katabat hosted SaaS offering, is an exciting advancement that demonstrates Katabat’s innovation and commitment, our drive for maximizing versatility to satisfy the constantly evolving demands of the marketplace.
The single, integrated solution provides clients with the power to control all their debt collections execution in one, unified strategy. Additionally, by applying machine learning to the debt management and collections process, Katabat’s solutions help improve collections and recovery through a better customer experience, all while reducing costs and compliance risk.
Mike leads Katabat’s North American business and brings more than 25 years of experience in banking, software, and software sales to the Katabat team. Prior to Katabat, Mike held a variety of leadership positions at Experian, Swift Financial (now PayPal), and MBNA (now Bank of America). Mike completed an undergraduate double major at the University of Delaware and holds diplomas in consumer, commercial, and mortgage lending. Mike enjoys spending time with his family, boating, motorcycling, running, and volunteering.
More from Mike D'Andrade