Founded in 2006, Katabat is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware with offices in London and Sydney. Serving consumer lenders globally, Katabat delivers automated, customer experience management (CXM) solutions that help our clients operate more efficiently, seamlessly, and profitably across the full credit lifecycle.
With substantial growth and transformation expected over the next several years, the company is looking to recruit a qualified MySQL Database Administrator. We’re looking for a highly organized and efficient professional who can wear multiple hats throughout the workday while prioritizing the most important tasks on his or her list
The Katabat work environment is quite dynamic and fast paced, but always exciting. We have assembled an insider team of industry thought leaders, cutting edge strategists, and “get it done” software specialists chosen for category intelligence, proven expertise, and breakthrough thinking. If you are interested in becoming part of this team dynamic, please inquire within.
Why make a career move to Katabat
If you have always wanted to be an entrepreneur who builds a successful business, Katabat is ready for you. This is your opportunity to be part of a successful SaaS firm that is at a significant inflection point in its growth trajectory.
You will enjoy the freedom and rewards of winning in an entrepreneurial culture with a group of sales leaders, software developers and product managers who are respected industry experts.
The MySQL Database Administrator is responsible for providing operational database services as well as project-level support to the organization. This DBA role requires a service-oriented mentality with a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, the ability to focus on managing and resolving issues within SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Perform day-to-day production MySQL database administration tasks in a Linux environment, including maintenance, troubleshooting, scaling, tuning, optimization, installation, upgrades, backup/recovery, and data migration across multiple data centers and multiple database server architectures/systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production database issues
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Maintain database design/release documentation
- Work closely with Engineering and DBA Team to design and implement optimal solutions
- Work with Product teams to enhance the Data warehouse and client reporting solution
- Provide Maintenance and Support for Client Reporting Solution
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field preferred
- 3+ years’ hands on experience in designing and administering MySQL databases in a HA Environment.
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Unix shell scripting and the ability to automate routine tasks
- Familiarity with monitoring tools and how to apply to DB environment
- Must be ready to support environments remotely while on on-call.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL / non-relational databases
- ETL / data migration experience with large data sets
- Experience with data modeling in relational databases and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with Percona for MySQL Server
- Experience with MySQL Backup tools and Monitoring tools.
- Experience with Reporting/Visualization tools is a plus (Tableau preferred).
- Experience with ETL tools and data warehouse concepts is a plus (Talend Preferred)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com OR apply on the form below.